Today's grateful is a brand new one.
Today, I am grateful for my husband's brand new job.
See, the last two days have been horrible. My two youngest have both had fevers of 103.5. They have been listless, miserable, sleepless, exhausted, coughy, vomity, in pain, and sad. Thomas, especially, has been in a lot of pain, with a sore throat so painful that it hurts even to swallow. My babies have been so clingy, only wanting comfort. It's been extraordinarily challenging just to use the restroom.
Which makes me very, very sad (and exhausted). The hardest part of parenthood is watching your children suffer and being helpless to stop it from happening.
And to top it all off, Michael started a new job a little over a week ago, so naturally he (and I fully agree) wants to make a good impression. It would not look good to take time off when he's only been there for a week.
But his supervisor, upon hearing that his babies were so sick, made an exception for this brand-new employee. They gave him work to take home (which is not officially allowed) because they said, "family comes first."
I have never been so grateful to a company in my entire life.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Amazing. God is definitely putting you in a good spot my dear. That is a first in his employers that have even asked....let alone cared. Praying for quick healing of the babies. Love you
That is awesome! but sorry you are all so sick!
That's wonderful!
I'm sorry I haven't commented more, I've got a gig right now that sucks time/brainpower. All the same, I have really appreciated your posts.
Post a Comment