It's impossible to imagine that this little girl:
turns 17 next month.
My daughter may have had a bumpy start, but she has always shown an indomitable spirit, even from a young age. She's always had her own way of doing things and saying things. It wasn't frozen -- it was "ice melted." It wasn't inside out -- it was "inside wrong." Our cat wasn't named Callahan. He was Callafoot.
I cannot speak to my gratitude about her without speaking about her attitude toward life. She has always been a sassy girl, and her name fits her perfectly for that reason. Heaven help the person who tries to get in between her and what she wants to accomplish!
Frankie is truly a jack of all trades, and she constantly surprises us with her hidden talents. She loves to knit. She loves to garden. She loves to make pretty cupcakes, homemade cards, and hair flowers. She is happiest when her hands are engaged in creative endeavors.
Life would not be the same without her. Her spark, her spunk, and her voracity for life bring an energy to our home like no other. The times that we've had to be apart, I have unquestionably felt like our family is incomplete.
I am amazed at how far she has come. I am amazed at what she has overcome. Her road is steeper and harder than so many others, but that spirit-- that indomitable spirit is her saving grace. She has a mountain where many only have a hill, but that girl keeps aiming for the top. I am so very proud of the beautiful woman she is becoming. I am so very proud of how hard she is working at changing what she came from into where she wants to go. I am so very honored to be her mom and have the opportunity to guide her and watch her as she learns to spread her wings.
She is truly my butterfly, and she is learning how to make her colors shine. And I am better for being able to witness her metamorphosis.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment