CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Today's Grateful (11/8/10) It's only natural

It's only natural that today's grateful would be about my children.  It would be impossible though, to do them justice by lumping them all together.


So tonight, it will be youngest first, born December 1, 2009. Tonight's grateful is my little Max.

Today, Max clapped for the very first time. He's clapped knuckles before, but this was the full on joyous, open-handed, making noise first clap of his entire life. He was so pleased with himself, it made him clap even harder.  It was such an exciting moment that Thomas joined the ovation.  Adam and I were compelled to follow.

Max has been such an amazing blessing.  He's a mostly cheerful baby with a knack for screaming the second mommy or daddy gets on the phone.  He has the cutest little toothy grin. He's got beautiful blue eyes with just the right amount of sparkle.

And he is so snuggly.  He loves to climb mommy's or daddy's leg and cling on like a little monkey until he gets picked up.  He likes to examine my teeth and gums with his oft-sharp nails.  He loves to have one of us hold a hand to his mouth while he vocalizes so he can make a "whooping" sound.  And he delights in returning the favor to us.  And when I run my fingers through his hair, his eyes can't help but close in sheer delight.  He loves all of his siblings, but he has an extraordinary bond with Thomas.

He LOVES Thomas.  And Thomas loves him right back.

My mornings start with one of these two little boys earnestly seeking the other.  If Thomas gets up first, he looks for Max.  The second he makes eye contact, he delightfully squeals. "A  Sass-ee" (how he says Max).  Max responds in kind with a coo of delight.  It is a beautiful way to start my day.

It is a gift to watch this baby grow.  My heart always gladdens and my smile always widens when I watch his cutie little bottom crawling away from me.  The world is wonderfully, perfectly still when he falls asleep on my chest and I run my fingers through his sleep-sweated hair.  I love watching him learn how to stand, and scoot, and discover his voice.  He already knows how to shake his head, "No," which amazes me to no end.  He loves to chew on paper and just about anything else he can get in his mouth.


I am in love with his big blue eyes, his six little teeth, and the grin which (just like his brother Adam's did when he was a baby) takes up half of his face.  I am in love with how very much this little soul is in love with me.

The heart's capacity for love and growth amazes me.  Parenthood is one of the greatest gifts that God has given us, His children.  It helps us to understand just a little bit of what it must feel like for Him to watch over each of us.

I am beyond grateful that He entrusted me with this perfect little gift from heaven.  I am beyond grateful for this little soul.  I am a lucky, lucky woman to be his mommy.  And I am grateful for all of the people in my life who help me to be a better mom.  But that's a grateful for another day.

1 comment:

Rheaishappy said...

Well Said. I love our Maxie. He was a "surprise" that I will always be so appreciated. Thank you Lord! Love you...Aunt Mimmi