CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Rain, rain go away

Ever feel like it's pouring rain and your umbrella is M.I.A.?

Life is raining right now.  We are going through a very stressful time.  I cannot post the details because they are that personal, that painful.  We're going through rough times.

A long time ago I told my daughter that sometimes in life we bump our hip on the corner of the table and our reaction is minimal.  "Oh, that hurt."  And sometimes we're so stressed from other stuff that that same bump, that same pain, makes us burst into tears. 

The hip bumps that are coinciding with our tough time would be painful enough in less stressful times - Frankie and her boyfriend breaking up (causing her to be so much more volatile and eruptive), gratefully being able to pay for one car's very expensive repair only to find out that our other car now needs a repair we don't have money for, our local gym closing and the only other options being literally FIVE times the cost of the old gym AND on top of that the trainer at the new gym telling me that if I'm truly committed to getting healthy I'll find a way to raise the extra $900 they want for assessments and extra programs.  These hip bumps each bring me near (and to) tears. 

And God is good.  He always finds a way to send comfort - candles in the dark.  Old friends lifting us, comforting us as we fight to heal, a kind neighbor who doesn't ask what's wrong, only drops off dinner knowing that something's wrong, new friends who don't judge and just listen.

We are, without question, being blessed.  We've found support systems we didn't know existed.  We're taking time to really examine our lives and our priorities.  We're not gonna drown in this rain.  We're doing our best to use this water as nourishment to grow from.


So I'm not blogging much because some things must be kept to ourselves.  I know though that friends are praying for us.  And we love each of you.  And when the rain slows to a trickle we'll reach out again. 

Now if I could just find that umbrella.

1 comment:

kstrack said...

I'm sorry the rain keeps coming, but it brings to my mind a beautiful garden of flowers when it finally stops! :)

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help! I would be happy to be your long distance trainer if that might work for you. /hugs