CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 7, 2011

If bird is the word what's the sentence?

Well, actually bird wasn't the word.  Today's post is about first words and sentences.

First, we define each child's first word as a word they use with correct intent.

Adam's first word was..."please."

Thomas' first word was..."hi"

And Max's first word was uttered today.

It is only used while holding the phone up to his ear.  It is:


"Hello"

Um, perhaps mommy spends a little too much time on the phone.

I honestly don't remember Adam's first sentences or phrases, but I do know what Thomas' first two complete sentences were.  The first one took place while we were in the car.

Thomas, looking outside remarked, "Look, mom, cars.  I like cars."

His second sentence was uttered as I was going upstairs to shower.  He said, "No, mom.  Don't go upstairs.  Stay here."

These are the moments that may seem so insignificant, but really are the MOST significant.  These are the moments when being a parent is worth every tough moment.

No comments: