So, be sure to read the other post if you want to learn about our adventures in homeschooling, but this was too funny to not post:
Adam has a bad habit. He chews on the collars of his shirts. It is unsanitary, unsightly (because of the enormous wet bib of drool on his shirt), and all around unacceptable. We've been working on it. We started with having him remove his shirt when he does it, as a reminder not to do it. We've done that twice. The second time was about an hour before this writing.
He went without his shirt for a half hour. He earned his shirt back about a half hour ago. A few minutes ago, he came to me, holding his hand in front of his collar.
"Mom, is it okay if I change my shirt? I just feel like changing my shirt." Looking at the very fresh ring of wetness peeking out from behind his fingers, I said, "Adam. You just tried to fool mommy. That is not okay. You want to change your shirt because you were chewing on it." "I just want to change it," he insisted. "Adam, that was a bad choice. It is not okay to be dishonest and try to fool me. You've been chewing on your shirt and that is why you want to change it. You should not lie to me. You need to go up to your room for the rest of the night. I will bring you dinner."
Bursting into tears he wailed "I'LL JUST DIE!!!!! DON'T BRING ME DINNER. I'LL JUST STARVE TO DEATH!!!!!"
Dramatic boy. Where ever does he get his flair for drama? It eludes me. Really, it does.
I'll go up in a little bit and reassure him that he's a good boy and that he made a bad choice. I'll let him know how much we love him. And I'll be sure to give him some yummy dinner because I love him and I would never let him starve, let alone to death.
And I hope he learns - be honest with your mama. Lying never does pay.
Monday, August 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just wanted to let you know that I just signed up for a cool new service from Google. It lets me see where my traffic is coming from. Whether you know it or not, I get some page hits from your site.
Thank you!
Tina
Post a Comment