CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 16, 2010

Lemon Suckers

Adam got in trouble today.

His room was a disaster. It has been a disaster for awhile and he had a deadline he needed to meet before getting toys, books, and games removed from his room.  He didn't meet it.  We extended the deadline.  He didn't meet it again.  We explained that since he was having such a tough time taking care of his belongings that we are going to take care of them for him.  He can earn his toys, games, and books back by taking good care of his clothing.  He's understandably very upset.

"Adam," I said, "I'm sorry that you're sad.  It's too bad that you played instead of cleaning your room like you were supposed to."

He looked at me with his little tear-filled eyes and said, "I'm not sad."

"You're not?" I asked, surprised.

"No," he said, "I"m super duper lemon looper hoppin' boppin' never stoppin' sad."

Call me a sucker, but laughing as quietly as I could, I gave him a final 30 minute extension.  I really hope he gets it done.  Super duper lemon looper hoppin' boppin' never stoppin' sad is way sadder than I ever want my baby to be.

No comments: