CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

There are 364 un-birthdays...

However, the newest little Hooten has made his official debut and has claimed his birthday. We lovingly, joyously, and thankfully welcome Thomas John Cazier Hooten. Five weeks early and weighing in at a hefty 8 lbs 6 oz, our sweet little boy has completely captured our hearts. He came into the world at 8:21 am on Tuesday, August 19th. He is 20 inches long, has tons of dark brown hair, and is as red as a beet (although he's slowly turning more pumkin-y orange). Mostly though, he strongly resembles his maternal grandpa John (thus the added middle name).


The tube in his nose just takes air out so his belly doesn't get full of air. The little gold medallion is a temp probe.

Even though he's a big boy, he still has preemie lungs so he's getting a longer hospital stay than mommy did. We hope to have him home within about a week (fingers crossed).

More pictures are further details will come, however: new mommies need naps, I am a new mommy, thus (thanks to the law of contrapositive inferences - the only thing I actually remember from HS Logic) I need a nap.

2 comments:

kstrack said...

what a cutie! I am glad you are both okay! Let me know if you need anything! Meals or anything!

Mina said...

CONGRATULATIONS HOOTENS!!! Welcome to the world, handsome Thomas!!