This has truly been one of the longest weeks of my life. Between daily trips to the hospital (1/2 hour each way), spending time in the hospital with Thomas, trying to make sure that Adam got enough attention, trying to help Frankie through a tough time, and breast pumping every three hours for 1/2 hour, it's a wonder I'm even awake enough to write this (though truth be told, I barely am).
Michael has been amazing - so supportive, so kind and helpful. I am absolutely blessed to call him my husband. We're coming up on our 16th anniversary in a couple of weeks, and although life hasn't always been easy, I think we are so fortunate to have found each other.
The best news going right now though is that we have finally gotten to bring our little Thomas home!!! He's on oxygen, but doctors are hopeful that he'll be off in a week or so. Oh that little boy has captured my heart. He has a head full of dark brown hair (less than at birth - he actually has a natural little fauxhawk going). He has my chin, my lips, and I think Michael's nose. He has his Grandpa John's (my dad) dark olive complexion. He makes the sweetest little newborn noises, and almost always gets hiccups when he's full. He's a lazy eater, prone to falling dead asleep halfway through eating, but at least he doesn't spit up with the voracity his older brother did at this young age. The nurses at the hospital stated that Thomas has a great disposition, and they called him "a pile of pudding." He is a very snuggly and cuddly boy.
Adam is doing a great job as a big brother. He truly loves his little Thomas. The first or second time he saw him, he kissed him on the head and said "Thomas, I will always take care of you. If anyone tries to be mean or hurt you I will get in the way so they can't hurt you." I just love that kid - he's got such a sensitive and kind soul.
Frankie is very excited to meet her little brother, and plans are in the works for her to make a visit home in the near future. We greatly look forward to having our family all under one roof, even if it's only for a few days.
Molly, our dog doesn't know what to make of the baby - she's not really sure what species he is. He might be human, or a cat - she's not really sure. She's curious and gentle, and likes to lick his foot (something I'm discouraging). She thinks she wants to play with him, but she's not really sure. She gets concerned if he cries though. It'll be interesting to see how their relationship develops - it's obvious she's never been around a newborn before.
And just in case you're curious, the cats could care less. And why should they -- after all, they're cats.
My next post will be about the story of Thomas' birth, but it's time to go pump (seems like it's always time to go pump). Also, I'll add some recent pictures.
Until next time...
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment