CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 30, 2007

It's raining, it's pouring...

I woke up to the sound of a thunderstorm this morning. Ugh! It makes it so hard to get up. Thunderstorms are so cozy when you're in you're bed all snuggled under your down blanket.

Last night, Adam and I had dinner together at the Olive Garden. Michael had to work late, and so Adam and I had a little dinner date. He wanted to sit at the bar because they have high chairs (chairs that are high, not chairs for babies). After sitting on a big tall chair for awhile, he turned to me and said "Mommy, we should have sat at a regular chair." "Why?" I asked. "Because," he said "It's too hard for my feet to touch the ground in these chairs."

He really liked our server as well. She was very nice to him and interacted with him a lot. Servers everywhere take note: One of the surest ways to get a big tip from a mom is to amuse the kids. Adam told her she was the bestest servant ever. (I am trying to teach him the difference between server and servant but no luck so far). When we were leaving, he said he was going to miss her. That's his other big phrase. He's always going to miss whoever he's enjoyed interacting with. Then, throughout the day, he'll sigh and say "I miss so and so." He's such a sweet natured boy.

His new phrase is "I appreciate it." (pronounced ap-wee-she-ate). Any time we do anything for him, (i.e. when I bought him Frosted Shredded Wheat) he says "Thank you buying me that Frosty Sugar Cereal. I appreciate it." When I bought him a Lunchable for his lunch today, he said it was the best day ever. Remember when we were that easily pleased? Me neither.

Adam, at the Olive Garden, with olive fingers.

1 comment:

kstrack said...

It is amazing that we can make our kids happy so easily, but often we are too busy to take that extra time.

We have started Family Friday's. Every Friday we watch a movie or go to a movie as a family. The only exception is the Fridays we have play tickets. The first Friday we did this Kiri started crying as the movie ended. I realized she was sad that the "family" time was over. I assured her that we would be doing it every Friday and she was so happy!

It would be nice if we could do it on Mondays but that just doesn't work with school. But it is a fun time for all of us!

Kirsten