This summer has been a busy one! We've had two trips to Wyoming (first to see our dear friend Tera graduate from high school, then to help her settle in to her dorm), one trip to Illinois to visit our sweet Frankie, and a whole lotta work and school.
Adam started kindergarten earlier this month, and he loves, loves, loves it. His teacher's name is Mrs. Zeally. Out of hismouth, it sounds more like "Mrs. Silly."
K-6 students attend year-round school here in our school district. Unfortunately for Adam, this meant that he went to school for two weeks, and then got a three week vacation. Michael took advantage of Adam's break from school, and the two of them are enjoying some quality time together.

It was really great to see Frankie a couple of weeks ago. We miss having her in our home so much. We're happy to say that she is starting to show some signs of improvement.She's just been through so much trauma in her life. We have deemed this her "Year of the Butterfly." It is her year to strengthen her wings and learn to how to push her way out of her cocoon.
We see all the beauty that is in her already, and we want her to see it too. While our visit with her had its awkward moments (sort of forced fun), it was worth every moment. She's got a long road ahead of her, and although we miss her, we know she is where she needs to be. It's good to see her little moments of progress - like when she's able to actually name her feelings, and when she's able to connect cause and effect. She's also growing and really looks like the teenager she is.
We see all the beauty that is in her already, and we want her to see it too. While our visit with her had its awkward moments (sort of forced fun), it was worth every moment. She's got a long road ahead of her, and although we miss her, we know she is where she needs to be. It's good to see her little moments of progress - like when she's able to actually name her feelings, and when she's able to connect cause and effect. She's also growing and really looks like the teenager she is. Michael is enjoying his job, gunning for an engineering position, and working hard. I'm working, gunning to stop working, and loving the time I spend with my family.
It's been a tough year, but we're starting to feel the warmth of the light at the end of this crazy roller coaster tunnel. We can't wait to hit full sunlight, but until then we'll keep plugging away.
We hope you enjoy keeping up with the adventures of the Hootens. Until next time...
3 comments:
i love blogs! I used to think they made you vulnerable, well i guess they do but only to the people you choose. i love the glimpse into friends lives especially when we don't keep in as good of touch! Yours looks great btw! very cute!
I need to set aside time to work on mine I keep playing with colors and layouts trying to find the one that says "KIRSTEN" or "REBELMOM" whichever one you think i am :p
loves & Hugs
Kirsten
This is great "I love it"
Hi, Hootens! I had a chance to skim your blog. Actually I mostly looked at the pictures. I didn't have time to read the great American novella. Kristen, you always did write so well! It was a great opportunity for me to catch up with you all. I can't believe how big Adam is. It seems only last year that we were together for X-mas. I know that Frankie has had a difficult time and hope that the road ahead is easier. She really deserves it. Thanks for the great photos. Glad that all is well with you. I'll bookmark your blog and check in periodically. Love to all. Laura
Post a Comment