CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 1, 2011

Back to life. Back to reality...and the dawn of a new "ism"

It's too soon!!!!

I'm not ready for school to start for Adam, but, he'll be heading back in just two weeks.  I'm not a big fan of this whole year-round thing for elementary students and traditional schedule for junior high and high school students.  It leaves us with too many schedules to manage.  Preschool for Thomas, 4th grade for Adam, 12th grade for Frankie and they're all on different schedules.

I want to squeeze every last drop out of what's left of our summer.  Our summer started late and I'm mourning the early end of it.  The skies may be sunny but mamma's feeling a little blue.

At least I have Thomas to lighten things up --

Conversation with Thomas this morning:

I just explained to my friend, Nicole, that Thomas pronounces his name as "Nomas."  I thought it was adorable and endearing.  He would say things like, "Me Nomas.  This my Nomas choo-choo." I called him over to us so I could show off his cuteness.

Me:  "Tell Cole the name of your choo-choo?" 
Thomas:  "My choo-choo name Thomas."
Me: (astounded) "And tell Cole your name."
Thomas:  "My name Thomas wike my choo-choo."
Kids - they'll always prove you wrong at the least opportune moment.

Conversation with Thomas this afternoon:

Thomas:  "Daddy, what are you making dinner?"
Michael:  "I'm making chopped salad."
Thomas:  (with all the hope a little boy can muster) "Chocolate salad?"
If only Thomas, if only.

Conversation with Thomas this evening:

Me:  "Thomas, are you excited to start preschool?"
Thomas:  "Yes.  And I want go college."
Me: "Oh, you want to go to college?"  (what on earth -- where did this idea come from? Not that I don't want him too.  It's just a tad premature.) "Hmm.  And what will you do in college?"
Thomas: "Wif Steve, and Joe, and Blue."
Me:  "Ohhh, okay.  Of course."
Thomas:  "Yeah."
Note:  If you have no idea what I'm referring to, click here

The torch passes forward as we usher in a year of new schools, new experiences, new language skills and the dawn of... Thomasisms.

No comments: