CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 2, 2009

What's for dinner? Suprisingly enough, food!

So, Christmas was great, we were rushed and blessed and we didn't take any pictures. On to the new year.

In order to save money, I've adopted my friend Dari's dinner calendar idea. Also, as my dear friend Kirsten does, I've decided to post it on my blog in case anybody's stumped for ideas.

I know some of you might be under the (very) false impression that because I'm a chef, we have these amazing dinners every night. But, c'mon people -- I live in the real world. As much as I wish we could dine on fine cuisine every night, I have kids (they come with homework and activities and an inordinate amount of laundry)! I definitely don't have time to make an elaborate dinner each night (let alone afford it and clean up from it). I offer my very normal and boring dinner calendar for your perusal. Enjoy, and feel free to call or email if you want recipes!

(click image to enlarge)

5 comments:

kstrack said...

What a cute calendar! I might have to borrow your twist on my idea! :P just don't tell anyone that I didn't update it in Dec. lol

Hope you are doing well I still have a family gift for you guys, maybe this month I will make it out into the real world!

We need to go out or stay in with you guys soon... maybe for you bday!?!?!??!!

nAnnie Laurie said...

oh yummy! and so organized -- I'm gonna do it too :)

Shannon said...

I'm seeing a calendar with side dishes and vegatables. Plus, your dishes are made with ingredients. Mine are made with terms like "defrost" and "order". Looks gourmet to my eyes.

The Hootens said...

Ok, ShaNayNay, but you don't have any kids. Pre-kids, I did a lot of eating out too! It's cheaper to eat out(sometimes) when it's just the two of you, not to mention the fact that you live downtown where there are actual restaurants people really like to eat at instead of just chains that all have the same decor with the same menu and different names (how's that for a run-on sentence?). Savor it while it lasts!

The Hootens said...

P.S. I think we're legally required to make our kids eat vegetables. They have to have something to tell their therapists when they grow up. If I didn't give them fodder for therapeutic conversation, our whole economy would collapse. Oh, wait... nevermind.